Improve Your Search Engine Marketing With These Helpful Tips
November 13, 2015
As an aspiring internet marketer or online entrepreneur, you may have heard the term, or been introduced to the concept of “search marketing.” For those of you who haven’t familiarized yourself with the term, search marketing is a process that is used to drive visitor traffic to your website, and increase your market visibility in the process. This helps to get more customers for your business products or services; helping increase the profits and enhancing the business growth. It is comprised of two different types of marketing efforts:
- SEM (search engine marketing) – buying visitor traffic by paying for your search listings
- SEO (search engine optimization) – earning visitor traffic with FREE or unpaid search listings (referred to as organic search marketing)
Whether you are a new start-up or a seasoned veteran, all businesses need to get a word out about their business and/or company. Here are five (5) tips that will help you maximize your search engine marketing strategy, as well as your online marketing budget:
- Develop a relevant landing page – Your instincts may tell you that you need to link your ads directly to your website’s home page. However, linking to a landing page will tell your visitors what they need to do (a call to action) such as: “Call NOW”, “Contact us for an estimate”, or “Sign up TODAY”.
- Find the right hook – You have to create competitive advertising copy in order to separate your ads from the others appearing on the search engine results pages (SERP’s).
- Using social media – These networks work well in conjunction with other digital advertising. From posting on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+, to advertising on these channels, you can increase the SERPs.
- Implement A/B ad testing – Never settle for your first advertisement. Create several versions of the same ad to determine which one generates the biggest ROI.
- Implement monitoring and tracking – Incorporate lead monitoring and tracking into your SEM strategy in order to measure the success of your marketing campaign.
- Use ad extensions – You can set these up in conjunction with your marketing campaign. This format extends from your advertisement in order to display additional information.
On a closing note, be sure that you set up your budget, and a keyword list, before you start developing your SEM campaign strategy. Remember to experiment with and A/B, testing each ad that you create. Call us today at 786-309-8333 to learn how we can help you.