Why is It Important to Integrate Social Media Marketing with Your Website?
September 8, 2015
Here’s a shocking statistic for you… a minimum of 87% of all companies today have a social media presence. What this means is that if your business does not use at least one social media platform, you are a part of an ever-diminishing minority. However, even if you use just one of these platforms, that doesn’t mean you own and operate a “social” business.
It is a no-brainer that the best way to promote your business online is to publicize it on social networks. However, digital marketing experts understand the value of social networks and integrate it with websites through innovative SMM techniques. The following is a list of the five (5) primary reasons why integrating social media marketing (SMM) with your website is so vitally important:
- By integrating your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with your social media marketing strategy, you will engage more visitor traffic and interact with them. While this builds consumer trust, it also helps to improve client or customer loyalty.
- It enables you to create and develop long-term, meaningful relationships with your clientele, build customer loyalty, and engage new contacts who could potentially become clients or customers of your company. With faster conversions and online businesses operating through social media channels, you just cannot ignore it.
- Learning how to be social (i.e., using social media platforms to your advantage) not only helps you to develop more productive employees, it will teach them how to be social, and work in the social environment, of the World Wide Web. Having your business page on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn can be of immense benefit.
- Oftentimes neglected, typically overlooked… connecting your partner organizations, and your supplier/vendor network, is an area that is becoming more and more essential to a company’s growth and success. This is also important from the point of view of quality and standardization of services.
- While you are building more collaborative, long-term relationships with your clientele, you should be doing the same for your employees. This will not only make them more efficient in their endeavors, it could potentially increase their productivity levels.
In addition to incorporating social media platforms with your website, you will need to work on your SMM strategy. Remember, the best foundation for a successful internet marketing effort is the development and implementation of a strong marketing strategy.